Watermelon rinds spent
on star spangled porches
Red, white, blue..
green green grass and beach roses
mixed in with kettle corn and carnival
your prize delivered to outstretched fingers
sticky with happiness
clutch close to your chest
this summer day
as you sleep content
on the ride home
I am ready to love you like never before. Truly, madly, deeply. Please ravage my body and inspire my soul…. it’s been a while since you and I had a real love affair. I was super busy being super busy in the past, and I promise not to take you for granted this year. Things I am already loving about you:
1) Driving with my windows down and the wind in my hair
2) Sunglasses on top of my head keeping my messy hair in place
3) Watermelon with Lime drizzled on top- ever try this? omg… amazing!
4) Sun kissed faces
5) Salty Air and hair
6) Outdoor music and sand in my toes
7) Steamers, and Margaritas
8) Hearing my children laugh through open windows
9) Fresh cut flowers sitting on my dining room table
10) Car trips to Kennebunk Maine to visit my family
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY EVERYONE!